Thursday, May 21, 2015

BEA Jitters: My "Must" List

Most of you, as fellow book addicts, are probably familiar with Book Expo America (BEA). With a lot of finagling and the possible use of sorcery, I will be attending this year! I went to Bookcon last year, but this will be my first time going to BEA.

I decided that this year would be the year  because BEA will be moving after this year. Right now it's in New York City, which is only about three hours away from me--super convenient! Unfortunately, BEA will be moving to Chicago next year, which is not so super convenient. So this is the year for me.

I honestly have jitters. We're officially less than a week out and I'm shaking. I'm so excited for so many things: meeting amazing authors, getting amazing books, and talking to amazing people. I made such lovely friends last year (shoutout to Adele @snarkywench) and I can't wait to make more connections with fellow book lovers. I even ordered myself cute little business cards to bring (see above right)!

Anyway, enough with my babbling... I wanted to share my "Must" list with you guys--the list of authors that I must see and books that I must get! I have a huge schedule filled with bizarre color coding and overscheduled time slots, so these are just a handful of my "Must's."

Wednesday (BEA)
Susan Dennard--Truthwitch
Virginia Boecker--The Witch Hunter

Thursday (BEA)
Susane Colasanti--City Love
Sara Raasch--Snow Like Ashes
Megan Shepherd--The Cage
Adi Alsaid--Never Always Sometimes
Katie McGarry--Nowhere But Here
Marissa Meyer--Fairest

Friday (BEA)
Margaret Stohl--Black Widow: Forever Red
Carrie Ryan--Daughter of Deep Silence
I.W. Gregorio--None of the Above
Sandy Hall--Signs Point to Yes
Leigh Bardugo--Six of Crows
Rainbow Rowell--Fangirl
Jennifer L. Armentrout--Scorched
Richelle Mead--Soundless
Rae Carson--Walk on Earth a Stranger
Patrick Ness--The Rest of Us Just Live Here

Saturday (Bookcon)
Sabaa Tahir
Renee Ahdieh
Alexandra Bracken

Sunday (Bookcon)
Sarah J. Maas
David Levithan
Scott Westerfeld

That's just scratching the surface of my list, but those are definitely my top's for each day!

Is anyone else going to BEA and/or Bookcon? If so, who and what is on your "Must" list? Share in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment