Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Losing It by Cora Carmack

Title: Losing It
Author: Cora Carmack
Format I Read: Kindle
Pages: 189
Genres: Romance, Realistic Fiction, New Adult
Release Date: October 15, 2012
Stars: 2
Goodreads Link

This will be a quick review because I read it a while ago. However, it made an impression (not technically a good one). As much as I love Cora Carmack and the majority of her books, Losing It was a complete flop for me. Bliss was completely unlikable. I don't quite understand how she ensnared so many guys. Garrick was swoon worthy at the beginning, but became pretty drab as the time went on.

I felt like the whole novel was just a dirty soap opera. And then they went ahead and threw in the curve ball that Cade, one of Bliss's best friends, is in love with her too. Every time one problem was solved, a new one appeared.

I just felt like it wasn't realistic and it wasn't entertaining. There was too much insta-love and sappy woe-is-me fawning. I found myself wondering when the heck the happily ever after was going to come around so I could stop reading.

My English teacher described courtly love to us the other day. It's when the two people have nothing physical. It's just "ohmygosh did you see he just blinked, maybe it was a wink at me swoon" and "oh, how I wish we could be together." I felt like that was this book, especially during Bliss's classes with Garrick. It was just constant pining.

The only good thing about this book? It made a nice set up for Faking It (which I loved).

As much as I love you, Ms. Carmack, not one of your best.

No comments:

Post a Comment